Prevention is an integral part of a successful oral healthcare regimen. We stress the importance of avoiding serious oral conditions through dedicated hygiene therapy and other protective measures. Most importantly, we make this attentive care available to your entire family, so you can all enjoy a lifetime of healthy smiles. With routine screenings, cleanings, and intensive periodontal response treatment, we preserve your valuable oral health for years of beautiful, strong smiles!
Your preventive care options include:
- Oral Hygiene Visits – These twice-yearly visits are probably the most crucial element in your comprehensive oral healthcare plan. We not only refresh your mouth with a meticulous cleaning, but we perform an occlusal evaluation to identify potential mechanical problems with your bite. We also screen for signs of periodontal disease and oral cancer lesions to ensure prompt treatment. From kids to seniors, we protect smiles from serious conditions with friendly, individualized attention and effective hygiene therapy. Entrust us with your oral health and you’ll be rewarded with years of beautiful, healthy smiles!
- Periodontal Therapy – One of the main reasons we highlight the significance of thorough oral hygiene care is to protect you from periodontal disease. When the gum tissue around teeth becomes infected due to plaque and bacteria accumulation, swift treatment is required to prevent the infection from spreading and jeopardizing your smile. We fight periodontal disease with an intensive treatment of scaling, root planing, Arestin antibiotic powder, and in-depth non-surgical cleaning over four appointments. After this rigorous therapy, you’ll reclaim optimal oral health and deter disease recurrence.
- Dental Sealants and Fluoride Treatments – We know that preserving your children’s health and making sure they learn good health habits is an important commitment for all parents. We offer pediatric dental treatments to get your kids’ on track for years of healthy smiles. Dental sealants encase young teeth in a durable and invisible coating to keep bacteria from invading teeth. For additional protection, request a fluoride treatment for your child. Fluoride is a natural mineral that reinforces tooth structures to deter tooth decay.
- Mouthguards – Kneepads, helmets, and other sports gear keep your body safe while you play your favorite sport. As you assemble your protective gear, make sure to include a custom-crafted mouthguard to protect your smile. Dr. Park can create a custom, comfortable mouthguard to keep your mouth safe from injury. Ask us about getting a mouthguard for you or your children today!
- Nightguards for Bruxism – Some bad habits we know we have, even though we may deny them. But what if you’re engaging in a destructive habit without even being aware of it? This is the reality for those who grind their teeth while they sleep. If you awaken each day with facial pain and tooth sensitivity, or even inexplicable tooth chips, you may be a nighttime tooth grinder, or a bruxer. Our custom nightguards will keep your teeth from grinding and gnashing while you sleep. If you suspect tooth grinding in you or your sleep partner, give us a call and see if a nightguard is right for you.